IQ Vs Stratascratch

• Passed the initial screening and now have a SQL interview. Dabbled with SQL for a few months now but there are a lot of resources that I can use to prepare. Should I choose Stratascratch or Interview Query? I have done a couple of questions from both and it seems like the questions from IQ are generally harder. If I can do easy and mediums from SS should I be good?

• micchon wrote:

Passed the initial screening and now have a SQL interview. Dabbled with SQL for a few months now but there are a lot of resources that I can use to prepare. Should I choose Stratascratch or Interview Query? I have done a couple of questions from both and it seems like the questions from IQ are generally harder. If I can do easy and mediums from SS should I be good?

If you don't actually know SQL well, neither will help.  Well, they may actually help the interviewer shorten the interview and not in the candidates favor. 😉

What people don't realize is that interviews for important positions aren't just "here's a question... what's the answer".  The questions are a segue into a discussion.

To be totally honest, if you've only "dabbled" in SQL for a few months and the interview is for a non-junior position, plan on failing the interview.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• micchon wrote:

micchon wrote:

Passed the initial screening and now have a SQL interview. Dabbled with SQL for a few months now but there are a lot of resources that I can use to prepare {spam removed}. Should I choose Stratascratch or Interview Query? I have done a couple of questions from both and it seems like the questions from IQ are generally harder. If I can do easy and mediums from SS should I be good?

I got this,...

Incorrect... I've got you.  I've deleted your spam reply.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply