Interconnected Temp Files

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Interconnected Temp Files

• Steve, that deleting of temp files on your desktop to fix your Spotify problem, was that just temp files related to Spotify? Or was that all temp files?

Rod

• Just spotify temp files in the $userdata%\spotify folder.

It was crazy.

• Maybe these temp files are how Spotify keeps track of how many active devices are connected to your account at one time. Your account may have a limit of like 4 active devices or something. That can happen sometimes with Netflix - or at least it was an issue in the past.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• I have no idea. AFAIK, I only have 3 devices connected with my account, so not sure. I did text the family to ask if someone was using my account.

However, the "stop right away" without an error that says too many people feels like a design flaw.

• To throw a curved ball in here - knowing people who try and make a living from their music,  I will not use Spotify as it pays them spit all. Musicians had to fight for years to get a proper return from their art and the digital age seems to be undoing it.

• To throw a curved ball in here - knowing people who try and make a living from their music,  I will not use Spotify as it pays them spit all. Musicians had to fight for years to get a proper return from their art and the digital age seems to be undoing it.

Nick, I agree completely. For the majority of professional musicians life is hard and insecure - you have to really love music to carry on. The epidemic has made things even more difficult because most of their income nowadays comes from playing live.

For streaming I use Bandcamp because if you buy something there (either online or as CD / Vinyl) the musicians get 85% of the price. You won't find all the big stars on there but you will find some very interesting music. If you like Americana all of New West record's artists are on there. For modern jazz there is Intakt with some really top names.

• I understand your concern about the low payouts musicians receive on streaming platforms like Spotify. It's a complex issue with no easy solution, and it's important to acknowledge the challenges artists face in the digital age.

I appreciate you sharing your personal experience knowing musicians and your support for Bandcamp as a platform that offers artists a fairer share. It's a great option for those who want to directly support artists while discovering new music.

Here are some additional points to consider in this ongoing conversation:

The streaming landscape is evolving: While Spotify's current payouts may be low, some platforms are experimenting with different models that aim to provide fairer compensation to artists.

Supporting diverse music genres: While Bandcamp caters to specific genres like Americana and modern jazz, it's important to explore platforms that support a wider range of musical styles.

Direct artist support: Beyond music streaming services and online platforms, there are other ways to directly support artists, such as attending live shows, buying their merchandise, or contributing through crowdfunding platforms.

Ultimately, a multi-faceted approach is needed to address the challenges faced by musicians in the digital age. By being informed consumers and actively seeking ways to support artists we value, we can collectively contribute to a more sustainable and equitable music ecosystem.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply