insert into temp table

• da-zero (6/18/2010)

Good question.

Lose one point but learn a useful fact. A good trade-off 😀

Yep...This is what happended to me too. I don't mind loosing a point if I learn something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• Trey Staker (6/22/2010)Yep...This is what happended to me too. I don't mind loosing a point if I learn something.

I think it is interesting that people say they are losing the point(s), as if they are supposed to be automatic. (You never had the point to lose it; you just failed to earn the point.)

I agree in the cases that I failed to earn the point(s) I usually learned something, which is good. (Even if it was as simple as I needed to actually read the question instead of making an assumption.)

• Good question, learnt something new, thanks.

• UMG Developer (6/22/2010)

I think it is interesting that people say they are losing the point(s), as if they are supposed to be automatic. (You never had the point to lose it; you just failed to earn the point.)

Remember: English is a world language now. So your dialect may be different from someone else's dialect.

We talk about teams losing games, we talk about teams in leagues losing points, and we use "lose" for many more things which were never possessed by theose doing the losing, so according to you they could not be lost. So there are cases where it is normal to talk about "losing" something you never had, at least in all the versions of English I'm acquainted with. Also there are things for which one can't use "lose" that way, and which things those are varies from dialect to dialect (maybe even from idolect to idiolect). In my version of English points in an SQL trivia quizz are things you can lose even though you haven't got them (and indeed they can't be lost once you do have them). I guess the same applies to the people you were commenting about.

Tom

• Hugo's explanation had more about this question.. Thank you both..

• I learn something new from this question. Thank you!

• got me on null constrains

• That's a good question and one that is important especially for a beginner when one may require input data from another table's results of a simple query. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply