Included index

• Check boxes mean that there are possibly more than 1 correct answer and you need to select all of them. It's no better or worse than Microsoft certifications with multiple choice questions where multiple answers may be correct.

I hate to spill the beans (Steve, wipe this out if you want), but if you see checkboxes on the QOD it always means there is more than one answer. When you put in a QOD, you check the answers that are correct. If you pick only one as correct, it displays radio buttons. If you pick multiple, it will use check boxes. So... if you see check boxes, always select at least two answers...

🙂

Chad

• Chad Crawford (11/13/2008)

Check boxes mean that there are possibly more than 1 correct answer and you need to select all of them. It's no better or worse than Microsoft certifications with multiple choice questions where multiple answers may be correct.

I hate to spill the beans (Steve, wipe this out if you want), but if you see checkboxes on the QOD it always means there is more than one answer. When you put in a QOD, you check the answers that are correct. If you pick only one as correct, it displays radio buttons. If you pick multiple, it will use check boxes. So... if you see check boxes, always select at least two answers...

🙂

Chad

I don't disagree Chad, but I do agree with the others who read the question and, seeing SQL 2008 in the question, ignored the SQL 2005 answer as I did as well.

• Hi All,

I have seen this question created a lot of confusion. Here is a humble explanation.

My question was "'What are included columns in SQL Server 2008?"

There is no difference of included index in SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008. Hence, the question is clear. The answer, whatever it is, applies to both SQL Server 2005 and 2008.

I am not discussing the first answer. The second answer was "This is a new feature of SQL Server 2005". This statement is correct because SQL Server 2005 introduced it and SQL Server 2008 just kept the feature same.

The third answer is the actual definition, hence correct.

This two out of three is correct, hence the check boxes are used.

I have tried to make the flat question a tricky one. I am really sorry if there is still any ambiguity.

Cheers...

• The third choice is still a little ambiguous. From BOL:

Specifies the nonkey columns to be added to the leaf level of the nonclustered index. The nonclustered index can be unique or nonunique.

The third choice:

non key columns included in addition to the index key columns in an index structure

...makes it sound like they are included in the whole index tree, not just the leaf level.

• Trick question!

- how about some recognition for getting it partly right?

• Answer is C. There is a bug.

Clement

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply