In which order should we take the SQL stairways server tutorials?

• Should we start on the last page - the tutorials that start from 2011 - or should we start with the most recently posted tutorials?

• Why not take them in order? (Or am I missing something?)

• Which way is the right order? There are stairways as far back as 2011. Do I start with those or do I start with the most recent tutorials? If they call it a stairway, shouldn't I start with the 'first step' instead of trying to jump all the way to the last step?

• I would do the stairways in order.  They're ordered in increasing complexity, generally.

Or are you asking how to order the stairways?

What are you trying to learn?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  pietlinden.
  • So which way is the right order then? The most recently published tutorials or the oldest published tutorials?

I want to go through it all, but if these stairway tutorials build on top of each other, then I want to make sure I go in the correct order, you know?

• I think you're making this harder than it really is. What specifically are you trying to learn? What kind of SQL questions are you trying to answer that you don't know how to?

• The listed order of of the stairways have nothing to do with the order of a study plan.  They're not collectively meant to be an "overall stairway" to learning SQLServer or T-SQL or anything else.  Each stairway is an independent set of articles on a given subject.  The articles within each stairway are normally in a logical order for the smaller subjects within the larger subject and that's about a close that you'll get to a "logical training order".

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• The stairway series are designed to help you learn a topic. They aren't intended as some training course.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply