If you weren't a DBA what would you be doing?

• SQL Iron Chef (9/9/2009)

we could always be full time college students for life 😎 where's the party at!? :w00t:

Ahh, but where will the money come from? Ma and Pa will cut you off at some point. Student loans have a limit and then you have to pay them back. So it looks like your gonna have to be a DBA while being an FT Student - where does that leave any extra time for a party?

I think some will have to be Game developers and others will have to be game testers. I will be a game tester:w00t:

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Maybe I would be a chef if not a DBA, although I really don't know much about cooking. I do love to eat though! I watch the Food Channel a lot and my favorite shows are Top Chef, Kitchen Nightmares, and Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives.

• I guess I would -

get a job of doing sport statistics - no wait - databases

Get a job doing BI for a major corporation - no wait - databases

get a job as a online gaming programmer - no wait - databases

heck

Just give me a job of traveling the world and checking out all the exotic places (with my own film crew of course) for a TV show.

Cheers

Joe 😎

• If economy bad then a Cabbie in NYC. I luv it. If not then hummm diffcult.... Professor in college

:crazy: :alien:

Umar Iqbal

• tosscrosby (9/9/2009)

Roy Ernest (9/9/2009)

Maybe I will go back to my singing...:D

Please don't.......:w00t:

Hey Hey..I am not that bad... I was able to keep the drunken bunch of new year celebrators from pelting me or destroying the place...:hehe:

-Roy

• For a job I'd want to stay in IT so I would probably be a developer of some sort. If I didn't have to work at all - I would just travel.

• jkoon (9/11/2009)

If I didn't have to work at all - I would just travel.

For some reason, I think the majority of us would as well.....

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• back on point - if I was not a DBA I'd be:

Cabinet/Furniture maker

Landscaper/Master Gardener

Construction equipment operator (Operating Engineer)

Please notice that not one of these professions is related to IT directly.

However, indirectly they all deal with 'building' and 'fixing' things.

Now think about it a just bit more ... kind of sounds like what a DBA does !

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• Travel, garden and do social work especially helping sick kids. I am really baffled how some people say network admin or developer stuff, gosh that is geekish to me. Perhaps if i had the brains and intelligence to work at Microsoft R&D say developing something like SQL or doing something original like that could fire me up. But just learning and doing one version of the software after another that somebody built...yeah i do that for a living..but would not even think of it otherwise.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply