I passed the Microsoft Exam 98-364: Database Fundamentals

• I recently passed Microsoft Exam 98-364: Database Fundamentals.  As it turns out, I did better than I expected and passed the exam quite easily and scored a 98.  This means that I am now MTA certified (Microsoft Technology Associate).

I would like to thank everybody on this message board who helped me in learning TSQL, so thank you to everybody.  Your help was and is very much appreciated.

• Congrats!  I have the same certificate and I think I got the same score actually.

Are your plans to keep going and getting more certs or stopping at the MTA?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Congratulations, Michael!  Well deserved.  You really did put your shoulder to the wheel from what I've seen of your posts on this forum.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Mr. Brian Gale wrote:

Congrats!  I have the same certificate and I think I got the same score actually.

Are your plans to keep going and getting more certs or stopping at the MTA?

I wanted to take the exam about writing TSQL queries even though it will be retired on 01.31.2021.  I tried some practice tests and even though I have spent so much time studying that material I am nowhere near being able to pass that in my opinion.

So I don't know what I should do.  I was hoping to get a cert showing that I can write basic SQL queries.  If you can think of any please let me know.  It doesn't have to be from Microsoft.

• Jeff Moden wrote:

Congratulations, Michael!  Well deserved.  You really did put your shoulder to the wheel from what I've seen of your posts on this forum.

Thank you Jeff.  You were definitely one of the most helpful people on this forum, quite possibly the most helpful.  You are very knowledgeable and I learned a lot from your replies and suggestions.

• Thank you for the very kind words, Michael.  Glad to help.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  Jeff Moden.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply