I could not start SQL Server Agent

• I have sa privillege but not accessible to the server machine. When I tried to start the SQLServer Agent, I got an access error. I believe that I could not start it remotely. But why?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

• Are you saying you can log into the server via Ent Mgr as 'sa', but when you right click and start or stop the SQL Agent you get an error?  What is the error.

Does the Agent stop and start ok via the services or is this a new install. 

• Forgot to ask...What account starts the SQL Agent service and what access does it have on the server and SQL.

• Are you logging on to the SQL Server directly or are you logging onto a PC or another server  before you attempt to connect via EM ?

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• I used SQL Server client tools to connect a remote server with sa privilege. I could manipulate everything except running a job. The error message showed that the SQLServer Agent was not running. But I could not start the Agent. I believe it is a trust problem between servers. But I do not understand it. Anyone could explain it?

• My guess is that you are logged on as a domain user. This user account is not in the local administrators group of your SQL Server.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply