How to study for MCSA SQL Server 2012

• I appreciate that very informative post, especially the certification part.

• Can anyone advise for MCSA 70-461 from where can I download the sample database TSQL2012?

• The link is on page xxvii:

http://tsql.solidq.com/books/tk70461/

• Hi. How's the job hunting? I am also looking for an entry-level SQL developer job here in NYC. Did you pass any of the SQL Server 2012 cert exams yet? I will be taking my first one this month. I would love to hear of your progress.

• I have found no entry level jobs in south florida, nor on the job training or internships. I've been studying meanwhile, doing all the chapters like 4-5 times. I should be ready for the exam the first week of February, since i haven't been rushing.

• Just stumbled upon this post, and in close to the same boat as the OP. I'm interested in advice about volunteering... Also, being new to this is there any value in attending a sql Saturday? Or is everything going to be completely over my head? There is one coming up in Madison Wisconsin, and by me in Chicago. Any advice would be great!

• rho_pooka (1/24/2014)

Just stumbled upon this post, and in close to the same boat as the OP. I'm interested in advice about volunteering... Also, being new to this is there any value in attending a sql Saturday? Or is everything going to be completely over my head? There is one coming up in Madison Wisconsin, and by me in Chicago. Any advice would be great!

Like I said in the post you started on this subject, when it comes to local SQL Saturdays, drop everything and GO.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• You've solidified my interest!... I'll be at both.

-Ben

• rho_pooka (1/25/2014)

You've solidified my interest!... I'll be at both.

-Ben

Take hard-copy resumes, business cards, your laptop with an electronic copy of your resume, and a winning attitude with you. Your resume should include some good details about how you've been training yourself and, if you have a good blog (no whining, very few errors both technical and otherwise) or have been posting accepted answers on forums, be sure to include the links for those in a section of your resume.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I did what I believe was the 2005 sql server equivalent (MSCA with sql server elective) years ago and they said the same thing about needing DBA experience to pass the exam. I managed to pass the exam with very little sql server and window os/network knowledge.

Saying that I am studying for the 2012 exams at present and finding it much easier this time.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply