How to Replace LF to CRLF in file source connection

• hi,

I have a issue where ,the flat text file (fixed width) used to come with CRLF and now it is coming as LF and it is failing.

How can i fix it,  Is it possible? Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance,

Komal.

• I know little about SSIS but I'm sure there's a setting for the line terminators.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• First thing - if the file was previously being sent in a format with CRLF and it changed to LF for record terminator, then I would be asking the sender what changed and why?  If next month they send a file and it is now CRLF and you have changed it to LF - you have a problem.

Assuming this is the format going forward - you change that in the file connection and redeploy the package/project.  The file connection manager will have a section to define the header row delimiter - the next page will have the row delimiter.  Set those to the appropriate delimiter - using the dialog browse button, browse to the new file and you can then verify the file is being loaded correctly.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• I used script task and cahnged the LF TO CRLF. Thanks. This process is permanent going forward

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply