how to remove duplicate rows in sysobjvalues

• Hi,

Can you advise how to remove Duplicated rows in sysobjvalues. or remove the Index as the last option

I am fed up with DAC access.

advice if possible with Command line code

My error text

"the CREATE UNIQUE INDEX statement terminated because a duplicate key was found for the object name 'sys.sysobjvalues' and the index name 'clst'. The duplicate key value is (60, 808494059, 1, 0)."

Warm Regards

Krish

• Just out of curiosity sake, can you post the entire CREATE UNIQUE INDEX statement you were running to get this error?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• This was an interesting subject that I'd not heard of before.  I checked and found the following article by Paul Randal.  What most interesting is his answer to one of the questions in the discussion of the following article...

https://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/how-are-default-column-values-stored/

Here's what I'm talking about...

shovan says:

January 24, 2022 at 8:31 pm

Paul – I’m seeing contention on 2:1:128. What do we store in sysobjvalues in tempdb ?

Paul Randal says:

January 25, 2022 at 2:59 pm

Things like default column values – just like in regular databases. My guess is you’re creating and dropping lots of temp tables through concurrent connections. There was also a bug that was fixed in 2017 CU5 that you may be hitting.

You posted on a 2019 forum so I'm assuming that your not using 2017 but it does beg the question of...

Are you up to date on CUs???

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply