How to pass a Microsoft certification [70-432]

• Guys

Can you tell me what is meant by these Simulation questions?

What do we need to do in these questions?Are these Case scenarios?

Or do we need to do something on a simulated enterprise manager for example.

• You get a mock up of some tool and asked to do some job.

That's about all I can say safely.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Can anybody help answering this one?.

Can an individual with no Microsoft SQL Server experience pass the exam by reading and understanding the Microsoft SQL Server 2008-Implementation and Maintenance self-paced training Kit by Mike Hotek? that's the official Microsoft book.

The reason I ask is because I have read the book twice and fail the test 2 times already, I was frustrated during the test since several questions included were really confusing and some technical details that I can't even recall reading when I was studying.

I didn't do much of the practice on the book since there are some complex infrastructure scenarios and I couldn't put all scenarios in place.

Please Advise.

• The exams assume that you have practical experience, either from working in the field or practising on your own. You're unlikely to pass without that experience.

From the official website:

Audience Profile

Candidates should have one to two years of experience using SQL Server 2008 or two to three years of experience using a previous version of SQL Server. Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who have jobs in which database administration is their main area of responsibility, or they work in environments in which databases are central to their job roles.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Thanks for your input GilaMonster, I will go trough the whole practice available to see if that helps improving my score.

Thank you!

• Is there any negative scoring for the wrong answers.... ???

Sagar Sonawane
    ** Every DBA has his day!!:cool:

• The scoring method is not published.

Gail Shaw

• Hi You can get latest info here:

http://www.officialtests.com/Microsoft-certification-exam-files.html

• Hi,

I only took 6231B training. That is the only formal training I took for MS SQL. I am not a db admin. Not very familiar with SQL. I just know the basics. I have no knowledge at all with implementing. Now my employer wants me to take the 70-432. Is self study sufficient to take the exam? What is the chance that I will pass this exam? I know this is a silly question.

• Hi,

I only took 6231B training. That is the only formal training I took for MS SQL. I am not a db admin. Not very familiar with SQL. I just know the basics. I have no knowledge at all with implementing. Now my employer wants me to take the 70-432. Is self study sufficient to take the exam? What is the chance that I will pass this exam? I know this is a silly question.

Mikazraeesha

• Self-study is possible. As for your chances, no way to answer that, don't know what your knowledge is like. You should have some experience, the exam assumes a couple years of experience.

Gail Shaw

• i am just knowledgeable on the topic but not experienced in the industry. I haven't really know SQL by heart. I need a LOT of luck to pass this exam.

• Good luck !!

Seriously, the exam is not about luck. It's about knowledge and experience.

Gail Shaw

• Passing a SQL Server exam takes a lot of hard work and a willingness to put in the effort to actually learn the material. The best way to do that is to have hands on experience, preferably in a real world production environment, but a lab environment can work in a pinch. I highly recommend taking as many practice exams as you can get your hands on. While they don't simulate the real exam 100%, they do give you a good idea of how to navigate the questions and some of the thought processes that go into the answers.

• Here is a summary of what is on this exam: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-432&locale=en-us#tab2

You will need working knowledge of each area described here. If you have not worked in each of these areas at your job, you'll need to set up test servers at work or home and practice them. There are definately questions on the real exam that are NOT covered in the Hotek book, so you'll need to do more than just read that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply