1. install new instance of Analysis Services (AS) on the new server
2. ensure service account has appropriate access to the database instance on old server (for processing)
3. update old AS projects to point to new server for deployment
4. deploy, process, test/validate
5. uninstall AS instance on old server
Thanks for quick response, 1 and 2 are easy to understand, but not very sure about 3 to 5.
Can I just do:
3. copy all SSAS databases from old box to new box;
4. restore all SSAS onto new box;
5. point the connections to old box ( or they point to old connections anyway after move).
6. Stop the SSAS services on old box
Are the above steps will work ?
By the way, you are saying the process performance will worse because the network, do you recommand they should sit on the same box but with more resources ? Thanks