How to make Relations for Instructor Schedule(one to many and many to many between tables)

• ahmed_elbarbary.2010 (11/26/2016)

Yes i do as this actually but how to make schedule for instructor collect

instructor,course,class,section in one table

please help me in that

my design is

and schedule for instructor as following

Post the verbal analysis on the subject and we'll have a look

😎

• This verbal analysis for training center inside university

1-Every Department have more sections

Department is (information system, computer science, Business)

Sections are group of student s inside every department.

Meaning Information system department has more sections like AA,BB,CC and every section related to only one Department

So that relation one to many .

2-Every section has more students and every student related to only one section so that has relation between student and section one to many .

3-Every student has more classes( class room or lab ) and every class(class room or lab ) has more students .

So that relation will be many to many and it will generate third table

Student_class have student id and class id.

4- Every instructor teach in more classes( class room or lab ) and every classes( class room or lab ) can have more instructor learn in it.

So that relation many to many between Instructor and class and it will generate third table instructor_class have class id and instructor id .

5-Every instructor give more courses and every course given by more instructors

So that relation between instructor and course will be many to many and

Will generate third table instructor_course have course id and instructor id.

How to join all relations between course id ,instructor id,class id,department id,section id to make schedule for instructor

• I really hope you understand what you're being told here. Ideally, you'd learn it in class. If you make it through your coursework without understanding the basics of design, you're going to have a real problem when you land your first job.

• can you help me to solve this issue if possible

• I'm sure people here can solve the problem. Like I said before, this is a classic Database 101 assignment. The point is for YOU to do it and make mistakes and learn. If we do it, you don't learn anything.

Here's some good advice my database instructor taught me...

1. do your ERD,

2. add tables to your design one or two at a time, then add like 3 records. Test your design by writing a few queries to prove they work.

3. When you're sure the last relationship is right, add another table.

Lather, rinse, repeat until your design is finished.

Sorry, I'm just not going to do your homework for you. Period.

• IF I need to make schedule for instructor i will get following

Information course id and instructor id from table Instructor_course table

and i will add time and days to this table Instructor_course

Remaining class and section .

Main question how to add class id and section id with the following data

course id and instructor id

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply