How to get a report from Report Manager back into BIDS???

• Hi

I have accidentally overwritten a report that I had created in BIDS and deployed to SSRS. The project was overwritten in BIDS but there is a still a working version in the Report Manager web interface.

Is there any way that I can get the report from the Report Manager back into BIDS so that I can keep editing it?

Thanks in advance

Matt

• In report manager, go to the properties of the report. You should see an Edit link. Click on this. You can then save the RDL to somewhere convenient to you. You can then add that file into your report project in BIDS

• Brilliant. Thanks so much. I thought I would have to recreate it. I just saved it down into the project folder and everything was back to working fine!!!!

Thanks again

Matt

• You might want to try this. I use it all the time.

http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=62

• I agree with MaricopaJoe...RSScripter is a fantastic tool. You can script pretty much any of the Reporting Services objects from an existing installation and apply the scripts to another. Really, really useful.. it probably should be in the standard set of tools a reporting services administator uses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply