How To Force Release Any Locks On A Cube in SSAS2012

• Is there a command one can issue that will force release any and all locks against a cube in SSAS 2012? A search on Google is not returning any useful information about editing locks only on how to get information about locks on a cube. For example the below MDX query returns the details on any existing locks for the actively selected cube. What I can't find is any info on how to force release or close those locks.

Why how to force close locks on a Cube? We have a third party product that uses SSAS2012 and we are having a hard time with an after hours job/process/task/<pick your favorite term> that updates the cube because it can't get an Exclusive lock on the cube because another user/process still haws a lock and we know that the user in question is not even on line when this happens. So whatever the user was previously doing it is not always releasing the locks and so we need a way for this after hours job to force close or release any existing locks when it starts. I am of course assuming such a thing is possible in SSAS2012. It may be that no such way exists or it may be I just don't know how to ask for this information.

Select * from $System.discover_locks

Kindest Regards,

Just say No to Facebook!
  • Restarting the SSAS service would do the trick! 🙂

Regards

Lemspter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply