How to Flatten JSON in Azure Data Factory?

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item How to Flatten JSON in Azure Data Factory?

“We're entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.”- Tim O'Reilly
    I love to work with data and try to capture my learning through the blog post.

I have been working and studied in different Geo location includes Canada, Denmark, UK, Sweden.

• Useful technique, however, can I ask why you would want to do this?

The schema allows for a driver to have multiple cars, indicated by the plural "Cars" and the fact its a collection.

Unless you are 100% sure the driver will only ever have one car this defeats the purpose of the schema and would mean Tom Hanks with an ID of "01" would need to be duplicated if he had a 2nd car?

This method then wont allow the ID to be used as a PK for the person?

• Being that XML is much like JSON can this same technic be used with XML as well?

• Hi Gavin, Thanks. There are many use cases in data engineering world where you need to flatten the JSON hierarchy. The example in this article is about how can you do it when needed by using the Cloud based ETL tool named Azure Data Factory(ADF).

“We're entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.”- Tim O'Reilly

I have been working and studied in different Geo location includes Canada, Denmark, UK, Sweden.

• Yes! You can do that by using ADF data flow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply