how to delete the unwanted publisher and subscriber

• db is running. I can't alter the 626 tables or sysobjects to 0

• MAK

In order to remove replication from this database, you are going to have to manually remove it, which is a multi-step process.

Please read carefully the KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324401

You will need to follow most steps. You do not have to drop the pieces at the subscriber as that will impact your live replication.

You WILL have to do this while the database is up and running.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU FOLLOW THE SCRIPTS! If you do not understand them, DON'T DO IT!

Steve Jimmo
    Sr DBA
    “If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

• Also, you can try to go to the live database and use SSMS to create a script to drop the publication then run it on the restored database.

Steve Jimmo
    Sr DBA
    “If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

• Thanks, I will check and run it

• still same error, there is no distributor, and local server is not a distributor

• Exactly how did you get the database onto the subscriber? Was it a restore? Did you detatch the database, copy it over and attach it? What version of SQL Server are you running? What SP's have been applied? What version is the publication db on?

Steve Jimmo
    Sr DBA

• step that I took

1. create a publisher on "A" db on box "1"

2. backup the "A" db

3. restore "A" db into subscriber with "B" name on box "2"

4. check the replication on box "2", all my publisher and subscriber that on box "1" auto copy or appear on box "2" with associated with "B" db name.

I am running SQL 2005 with SP3 in all three servers and try to create transactional replication.

• do you have any other small database for test?

just for test, can you try this:-

backup source database

resotre on destination.

configure distributor on both if its merge,peer-to-peer or transactional replication.

then configure publisher on source and related articles.

then configure subscriber.

is it working?

just want to check that replication related SPs are there or not.

----------
    Ashish

• First, why did you create the publication on server 1 before backing up and restoring the database on server 2?

Can you detatch the database on server 1, copy it to server 2? Attaching the database on server 2 should automatically remove the replication on that database.

Otherwise, you will have to update the sys.objects table for those objects you identified yesterday. You should also remove all stored procedures from the database which are for replication. These are easily identified and you can find them by googling for them.

Good luck.

Steve Jimmo
    Sr DBA

• thanks Steve,

I have to create a replication., I can't create a replication with creating a publishere

backup

restore the db in to the 2nd box

create subscription

That the path I follow and i create these replication many time but one of my server creash so i have to recreate a replication but come up on this issue.

• run following script and will remove all unwanted publishers from subscribers which were created when Publishing DB was restored on Subscriber. It works for me,

DECLARE @subscriptionDB AS sysname

SET @subscriptionDB = N'<Database Name>'

USE master

EXEC sp_removedbreplication @subscriptionDB

GO

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply