how to create a reporting tool component??

• Hi all,

I was to create a Sparkline tool, which can be easily included and used just like any other reproting tools in a report.

How do you package a code into a component.?

Please suggest soemthing. Thanks

sumit

• This should help get you started down the path you want, but are you aware of the fact that you can include inline charts in reports already?

• Hi David,

Thanks for your link. I am going through it. I think this is one of the thing i needed.Thanks a lot.

About Inline Chart, are you referring to the use of charts in textboxes? Can please tell me more.?

Thanks

Sumit

• You can put a chart into the detail section of a table control, and achieve the same basic functionality as a sparkline. There are some examples of this here, and while the samples are bars, they can easily be changed to lines.

• u mean group header section.?

• Ah, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that each row needs to have multiple datapoints, as I use it where each row represents one value in the chart.

Hmmm, going to have to think about that one. Otherwise, you might have to go down the path that the other link takes you, which isn't as easy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply