How many Records Will Get Selected

• 3! points for this question. Who the **** decides points on this stuff? Its not even worthy of 1 point.

• Agreed!

There should be a rule for QOTDs and incorrect syntax.

How about, if a QOTD contains unintentional incorrect syntax, and the correct answer cannot be achieve without realising it, everyone gets double pionts, whatever answer they choose.

So it wouldn't apply to this question - however there have been previous ones where I've been caught out by sloppy questions.

• I didnot like the question...

Nothing to learn as the syntax err is quite obviously seen...

Thought as a typo and gone with the wrong option...

IT DOESNT SEEMS TO BE TRICKY AT ALL

Prashant Bhatt
    Sr Engineer - Application Programming

• ... and so the majority of respondents have decided - no more 'typo' questions please.

• If I copy and paste the script in query analyzer and bulk execute it, probably I would have answered it correct.

But when we walk through the script, anybody assumes there was typo and answer wrong.

Though it was a simple question I lost 3 points :hehe:

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired 🙂 "

- SAMJI
    If you marry one they will fight with you, If you marry 2 they will fight for you 🙂

• This is Waste trick and can milead the People.

Such type of examples can be created very easily by putting some error in one of the statements.

Please don't poste this type of things.

• I agree - no more typos - this woudl have been a good question with correct syntax, becasue the presence of -1 as one of the insert values would still have made peopele think. Also, 3 points too much for such a 'simple' question.

• What a stupid question! I straigtaway thought that the syntax was wrong, and assumed it was just a mistake.

I guess I should have known that if it was a genuine mistake then it would have been corrected by now, since I'm a few days behind with my questions...

• Stupid question. This post gives me one point back.

• Paul White NZ (7/17/2010)

Stupid question. This post gives me one point back.

Yeah, but not on your "Question of the Day" score. 😉

• when we run it on sql server only one record is getting stored in table becoz of check constraint.how come only 3 records??Can anyone explain me after executing in sequel

• deeptidas23 (12/30/2010)

when we run it on sql server only one record is getting stored in table becoz of check constraint.how come only 3 records??Can anyone explain me after executing in sequel

If you executed the script exactly as shown, there would not have been a check constraint. The ALTER TABLE statement that creates it has a syntax error, and therefore is not executed.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• Trick question.

But I learned, if you need to change the script, you mustn't answer it!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply