How long would you prep for Exam 70-431 (MCTS)?

• Hi All,

I have been using SQL Server 2000 as a developer/programmer for the last two years now.

My company is moving to 2005 this year so I don't see the value in completing the MCDBA for 2000.

I am getting the MCTS Selt-Paced training kit this week and have SQL Server 2005 locally installed on my PC. I want to book the exam so I have a date to work to.

How long would you guys recommend it would take, studying say 10 hrs a week (max) on average?

Thanks guys.

• I believe the training kit will give you a good idea... wait for the training kit before you book the exam...

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I did the exam and passed in when it was still in beta(November 2005). I did hardly any exam specific preparation, but when again I had worked with SQL 2005 since Beta 1 was released. From what I remember I wasn't a very tough exam, but you have to get used to the exam type using case studies.

If you have some experience with SQL 2000 and a good understanding of the new features it's very possible to pass the exam.

Markus

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply