How Do I resolve SSMS 'is busy" issue

• Hi Brandie

you know what i did was replied to OLDHAND where i stated the SP3.

My bad ..

as far as the Maint Plans

I just changed several tasks

and did some renames of some test plans i have to test the right click fix

i have not narrowed it down to any one particular issue within the maint plans

i would have to spend some time to do that and see if there is any commonality

Jim

• Other than calling Microsoft, that's the next best thing I can recommend. Try to narrow it down to a common denominator.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• ok Brandie

thanks for your input

jim

• You sir, are a legend! Sorry for bumping a 6 year old post, but I have started getting this issue after installing some .Net and Visual Studio libraries which seem to be creating this same issue. The right click on the system tray icon works a treat!

FYI, I'm running SSMS 2014 on Windows 7 SP1.

• So I come across this thread nine years and several iterations of SSMS after the event, totally fed up with having to restart SSMS repeatedly, often losing work along the way. I think to myself, there's no way on earth this is going to work.

It only did work though! My flabber was well and truly gasted. @JC-3113, if you're still a denizen of these parts, please accept my sincere thanks.

• five_ten_fiftyfold wrote:

So I come across this thread nine years and several iterations of SSMS after the event, totally fed up with having to restart SSMS repeatedly, often losing work along the way. I think to myself, there's no way on earth this is going to work. It only did work though! My flabber was well and truly gasted. @JC-3113, if you're still a denizen of these parts, please accept my sincere thanks.

It was actually the "Meet George Jetson" user (Chris Powell) at the following post on this thread.  Here's the link...

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-resolve-ssms-is-busy-issue#post-1223186

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  Jeff Moden.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Right you are.

Here's to you, Meet George Jetson / Chris Powell.

• Thanks for the idea... now the bug can be fixed by right clicking on the sql on the taskbar.. Thanks a lot

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply