Hoiw many computers do you use at home?

• We have three (soon to be four). One AMD 600 run win98 for emails and net access, one AMD 2600 running XP for my work & games, P2 IBM laptop running XP for the teacher in the house and the fourth one is been built into the car for endless MP3's for driving to and from work.

Craig

• I run a home network consisting of PCs of various vintage desktops/laptops from a Compaq Prolinea 486 DX2/66 running Caldera Linux for DNS/DHCP to a couple of Compaq 733s running Win2K, IIS, SQLServer, Citrix, Notes.  In total about 11 computers connected assorted routers and switches (got my wife hates this).  Also have a 2.8Ghz PC for the family and I am currently writing this on my Thinkpad T30 which is my work machine.

• err...

Three on my desk at work.

One live machine -NT4 soon to be XP

One development machine - XP

One W2KAS server (don't ask why its on my desk. Long story)

At home, three for development.

Two are home grown machines with removable drives for doing anything with - I use so many configurations its easy this way.

One old Dell P2 300 running W2KAS as a PDC. It just keeps chugging along with 92Mb of memory, never goes wrong. If it ain't wrong...

plus another homegrown XP machine for play / the wife and kiddy to play on / mess up / access t'internet on.

A Laptop for when I'm at work (nowhere near home)

I've also got a knackered psion5 for a diary,  in the loft heavan only knows what, going back to an Oric48 still in its original box (shows how old I am). Don't know if they sold those in the states, probably not as I think it was from Tangerine and they're / were French I think.

aye aye aye...

• Just one PC in my Office 🙁

But yes, I know one friend of mine who is using many PC's in a day.

He is a PC dealer 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply