Help to Bring My SQL server Skills back

• Hi all,

I am Front End Web Developer. I never use SQL Server since I graduate from school and I really need some Help From Database Gurus .I am using Adventure Work Database to Bring it back but really need someone to help me and give me hard Query to Write and to Bring It Up to Seed

• a-elnajjar (5/21/2011)

Hi all,

I am Front End Web Developer. I never use SQL Server since I graduate from school and I really need some Help From Database Gurus .I am using Adventure Work Database to Bring it back but really need someone to help me and give me hard Query to Write and to Bring It Up to Seed

Look for "SQL Tutorial" both in Books Online and on Google.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Are you asking about rejuvenating your SQL Server development skills? Or, DBA skills. If development then grab a decent T-SQL book and start cranking out some code. I recommend Ben-Gan - Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - T-SQL Programming (Microsoft, 2006) or the newer edition. Also, I like Paul Nielson's book Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Bible.

The later book will cover both development and dba with enough detail to get you going again.

• thanks for advice but what do you think about this site as http://sqlzoo.net/

• For high-level stuff, sure it looks fine

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply