Help selecting rows based on values in other rows.

• I'm stuck. I have a table that I want to pull some info from that I don't know how to.

There are two colomuns, one is the call_id column which is not unique and the other is the call_status column which again is not unique. The call_status column has several values, they are ('1 NEW','3 3RD RESPONDED','7 3RD RESOLVED','6 PENDING','3 SEC RESPONDED','7 SEC RESOLVED').

i.e example, this is the existing data.

Call_id Call_Status

555555 3 3RD RESPONDED

235252 7 SEC RESOLVED

555555 7 3RD RESOLVED

325252 6 PENDING

555555 6 PENDING

325235 3 SEC RESPONDED

555555 1 NEW

This is the data I want...

Call_id Call_Status

555555 3 3RD RESPONDED

555555 6 PENDING

555555 7 3RD RESOLVED

The call_id could be any number, I only want the 6 PENDING rows where there are other rows for that call_id which have either 3 3RD RESPONDED or 7 3RD RESOLVED. If someone knows how it would be a great help.

Cheers,

Chris

• In the way I understood your problem, I believe that your result sould be some thing else.

("..I only want the 6 PENDING rows where..")

Do you say the call_ID should have 6 PENDING and either 3 3RD RESPONDED or 7 3RD RESOLVED

The way I unsterstand the problem this is the answer.

Select Distinct A.Call_ID, A.Call_Status From (select * from Call_Master Where Call_Status ='6 PENDING') A,

(select * from Call_Master Where Call_Status in ('3 3RD RESPONDED', '7 3RD RESOLVED')) B

Where A.Call_ID = B.Call_ID

If the problem is different explain me more.

Cheers,
    Prithiviraj Kulasingham

http://preethiviraj.blogspot.com/

• Thanks to Preethi this job is now complete. I modified the code slightly to read the following...

Select Distinct A.Call_ID,

A.Customer_name,

A.Call_Status_Value

From (select * from status_tracking Where Call_Status_Value in ('3 3RD RESPONDED', '7 3RD RESOLVED','6 PENDING')) a,

(select * from status_tracking Where Call_Status_Value in ('3 3RD RESPONDED', '7 3RD RESOLVED')) B

Where A.Call_ID = B.Call_ID

order by a.call_id asc

Thanks again.

Chris

• Thanks for posting and glad that it worked for you.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply