help me to know

• i wanna know the name of column with its data type and constraints

as all i need in my final year project.

Any know so email me or redirect or post some reply

vaibhav_vasani@rediffmail.com

• With this being your final year project at school, it wouldn't be right for us to do the work...you'd never gain the knowledge by copying our code. Being aware of where to get the meta data is a bedrock skill set of a future DBA.

Show us what have you tried so far, and why do you think it isn't working?

vaibhav_vasani (2/15/2009)

i wanna know the name of column with its data type and constraints

as all i need in my final year project.

Any know so email me or redirect or post some reply

vaibhav_vasani@rediffmail.com

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• sir

I working on my final year project on data migration and conversion using XML

so in that project i need to know the name of column name with data type as well constraints in sql server

no matter if copy code.

i need to know it, that is meta data

its essential for me

i need it.

• Are you looking for coulmn information with respect to a table?

• if so you could look it up in the sys.columns tables....for the constraint info you could use the sp_helpConstraint followed by the table name to list the column names that have a constraint on it....

These info are also available to you in the information_schema catalog tables in the master database....

• somewhere in your classes, notes and lectures, you must have heard there is an INFORMATION about SCHEMA information in the database I wonder if you were to look at some sort of system views you could look for that kind of information.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• vaibhav_vasani (2/15/2009)

I working on my final year project ... no matter if copy code.

So much for the first rule of DBA's... ethics.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply