heat map as sql function or proc

• Does anyone have a good heat map function or proc that takes three params. TheValue, MinOfAllValues, and MaxOfAllValues. It return what color it should be based on the input params. Preferably a heat map from red to yellow to green. Surprised i'm unable to find this online so far.

• Snargables - Monday, February 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Does anyone have a good heat map function or proc that takes three params. TheValue, MinOfAllValues, and MaxOfAllValues. It return what color it should be based on the input params. Preferably a heat map from red to yellow to green. Surprised i'm unable to find this online so far.

Create your own.  Divide the # of possible values between MinOfAllValues and MaxOfAllValues by the maximum number of colors that are possible to assign, based on the color capability of your actual heat map display capability, and you've probably got something you can use to take the value and map it to a corresponding color in the gamut...

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• Snargables - Monday, February 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Does anyone have a good heat map function or proc that takes three params. TheValue, MinOfAllValues, and MaxOfAllValues. It return what color it should be based on the input params. Preferably a heat map from red to yellow to green. Surprised i'm unable to find this online so far.

Where are you going to display the heat map? Seems like you would assign the colors in your reporting tool. if you're only using 3, then most visuals can do that right out of the box. If you want more than that, then you might have to roll your own.

• Thanks guys. I went ahead and built my own using 99 different colors. We're using sql server 2008rs. For some reason some of the colors are coming over as black in error. It only happens sometime. Has anyone dealt with this issue before? I'm attaching an example. Thanks for your help

• Turns out for whatever reason ssrs 2008 didn't like me using 99 avail colors. It wasn't a specific color that it had issues w/. It appeared 33 colors was the max before it started to go crazy. I'll attach the function and tables when i'm done testing this out..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply