Happy Birthday

• Yea Happy Birthday Steve ...have nice day and all other birthdays of your lifetime!

πŸ˜‰

============================================================
    SELECT YOUR PROBLEM FROM SSC.com WHERE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION =
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/[/url]

• 41 ah, I remember 41. Let's see, that was...... oh yeah, this year for me too. πŸ˜‰ Happy Birthday.

What would I like? A new acoustic guitar. Something mid-range, not too fancy. The one I have is a beginner model where the strings are way off the neck and almost impossible to press completely, and I have big hands. Tends towards painful practice. πŸ™‚

David

@SQLTentmaker

β€œHe is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• My dream birthday present? I live in a small town in western Kentucky and I dream for the day that I can get a job doing what I do now (which I like) much closer than my current 53 mile one-way drive.

Material stuff? There is not anything I really want, certainly nothing I need. The older I get (I'll be 51 next month) the less "stuff" I want for my birthday. I'm really content to spend time with family and friends.

Oh... and Happy Birthday Steve πŸ˜‰

• My ideal present is something that makes me automatically say "wow", (in a good way!), rather than having to force a "thanks" out after examining it for some time.

Doesn't matter what, it just has to be useful, as I hate receiving, (or giving), presents that will never be used. So I guess that's flowers completely out...

Paul H

Paul

• Happy Birthday Steve, 41 was a long time ago.

This http://www.navis-neptun.de/produkte/datenbank/1101b_e.html would be fine for my next birthday.

• Happy birthday, Steve...

I'll be 41 in a few weeks. I'm not feeling old - not yet :).

That’s what I want for my birthday:

- good news for my business - I keep struggling to make them coming...:)

- the power and wisdom to finally make some progress.

• 1952 McGraw-Hill edition of I Led 3 Lives by Herb Philbrick

• Many happy returns of the day, Steve.

For myself, a good bottle of single malt scotch is all I need for happy birthday... or a happy any other day for that matter.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Happy birthday, Steve!

At the moment, I'd say a Kindle www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Editorial/62941/ would be nice, although then I'd have to have time to actually use it. Tools would be good, but like you, I'd rather pick them out myself, because if my father-in-law gives me a crappy jig saw (or whatever), I'm gonna be stuck with it until I can break it.

If it's something that I normally wouldn't buy myself, I'd say an iPhone. It's fun to have gadgets, but hard to spend your own money on one when you know you don't really need it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• A Nintendo DS Lite.

I got one off of MyCokeRewards (yes, that was a LOT of caps to enter for that guy...1,084 to be exact), and I ended up giving it to my 7 year old son for Christmas.

Now I'd like one for myself for both individual play and especially for head-to-head action against my son. Sweet! If you haven't looked into these, they're awesome. Just slip that bad boy into your pocket and play a little here, a little there. You find yourself looking forward to long lines and doctors waiting rooms. πŸ™‚

(An M3 DS Real is essential, too. No more lost cartridges!...I got the R4 (the M3's predecessor) for my son so I didn't have to worry about him losing all of the cartridges like he did with my GBA!)

Even my wife likes playing it, too! And the free wi-fi online play is just icing on the cake.

My birthday's in March, so how about getting me this for Christmas, anyone? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on? (Did Steve forget to turn on the microphone again?!?) πŸ˜‰

• Happy Birthday, Steve.

I want a 1963 Mustang convertible in mint condition. And, the pretty model to go with it, too. πŸ˜‰

• What do I want for my birthday? World peace...or failing that, developers in our company agreeing to stick with one collation.

Okay, seriously, a new laptop. If I'm going to be on call, I'd rather deal with a problem from Starbucks rather than my basement apartment.

Cheers!

Gaby________________________________________________________________"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not." - Albert Einstein

• Happy Birthday Steve!

enjoy your day!

• My best birthday was when my girlfriend at the time had planned a surprise party for me. I had absolutely no idea and the funny part is I almost blew it because we were fighting for almost an hour before I entered the room πŸ™‚

• I want a great big dumpster and permission to throw whatever I want into it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply