Give me suggestions for DBA interview

• hiii every one....

i've start my carrier as a SQL DBA....

I have oprning on " WIPRO "

I have put 1 year ecxperiences......

can you please send 1 year experiences base " INTERVIEW QUEASTIONS" FO ME....

WHAT TYPE OF QUESTIONS IS THERE CHANCES TO ASK.....?

• Did you mean that you have a years experience or that you told them you did? Honesty is key with any employer / employee relationship (and all other parts of your life IMHO).

One good set is here [/url]. If you don't know the answer to a question - say so, but tell them where you can find it out.

Good luck

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Seriously, just go and answer their questions. Trying to memorize a set of answers is not going to get you the job. A junior level person with only a year of experience, I don't expect you to know anything, at all. With your level of experience, all you can really do is talk about how you learn, what you like, where you want your career to go.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• eluriraja (12/16/2015)

WHAT TYPE OF QUESTIONS IS THERE CHANCES TO ASK.....?

One question could be:

Tell me about your experience. What did you do on your previous job? What problems did you face? How did you solve them?

Be aware, that if you copy this from someone else, they'll probably know that you're lying. And the least wanted thing they want for a DBA, would be someone who lies, as they need someone they can trust.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Be honest. Don't exaggerate your experience. Don't claim familiarity with things that you're not familiar with.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • check interview questions on forums of winmilestone.com / http://www.winmilestone.com/Topic?Interview

• what you know just answer ,you have one year experience just be clear with the SQL concepts and RDMS concepts which more than sufficient and what ever you have hands on will be your add-on

• prafuljemail (6/7/2016)

check interview questions on forums of winmilestone.com / http://www.winmilestone.com/Topic?Interview%5B/quote%5D

You want way too much information on your signup sheet. And, you're starting to get as annoying as any other SPAM.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply