Getting the "something went wrong. Please Try again Later" message

• Trying to add a new data source and getting the message "something went wrong. Please Try again Later".  I can access reports already there, but can't connect to the server from reporting services either.  Couple of things in the log I notice, how do I fix?

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!configmanager!7!06/12/2019-15:18:46:: e ERROR: Missing or Invalid ExtendedProtectionLevel setting

e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'PBIUser' are insufficient for performing this operation.;

(Don't know who user PBIUser is)

e ERROR: [zcdgr7dc]: OData exception occurred: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.

Thanks,

• PBIUser is usually in reference to Power BI User.

But the extended protection error, check your rsreportserver.config file and make sure you have the necessary attributes in the file as explained in the following:

Extended Protection for Authentication with Reporting Services

Sue

• Ah, thanks, forgot about Power BI.  I'll review the link you posted, thanks,

• Here is what was in the config file:

<Authentication>

<AuthenticationTypes>

<RSWindowsNegotiate/>

</AuthenticationTypes>

<EnableAuthPersistence>true</EnableAuthPersistence>

<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel></RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>

<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario></RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>

</Authentication>

• And there is nothing in the tags which is the problem. Try using:

<Authentication>

<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>Allow</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>

<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>Proxy</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>

</Authentication>

I don't know your configuration so if you aren't using extended protection, you would still need the tags but set the ExtendedProtectionLevel to Off instead of Allow

Sue

• Thanks, I changed to what you have listed, and the service won't start up now.  It's a pretty basic config, just stood it up a couple of weeks ago and only have some basic reports on there now, we aren't very complicated.  thanks,

• Did you also try what I mentioned in the last sentence with setting it to off:

<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>Off</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>

Sue

• I don't think I tried:

<Authentication>

<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>Off</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>

<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>Proxy</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>

</Authentication>

Will do that now.  Seems like every time I change the confg file, it fails to start the service though.

• Changing to "off" did it!  Thanks for your help!!!

• Your welcome and thanks for posting back!

Sue

• I corrected this problem by accessing the report server via HTTPS.  I had the site configured to work on both port 80 and 443, it seems (at least on my network) that to configure a data source you must have connected via HTTPS.  It seems that if you connect over HTTP then it tries to do everything that way and Add/Configure data sources doesn't want to work at all on HTTP.

-=JLK=-

• Hello,

I get  "something went wrong. Please Try again Later" message, in powerbi report server,

I think , I removed http url from Web Portal URL and Web Service URL in Report Server Confgiuration Manager, then I started getting an error.

can you help me, please ?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Demir.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • I removed Https url , it has worked.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply