Get the MAX value of the first price

• Hi,

I have the following thing:

In my DWH I have a Table FACTTicket and a Table called DimRate, I can join it on customerID but get to much rates, so the solution:

Jointable

You see that the 2478063548 has 3 value:

2005-10-01

2012-01-01

2018-01-01

The ticket is on 2018-09-25.

That means that the startdaterate will be:

2018-01-01

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  GG_BI_GG.
  • What's the question and expected result? Don't use the title to provide info, ask a question.

• The question is: How can I get to the closest startdaterate with customerdateticket?

I just find out datediff but I dont think you can fixed with MIN/MAX

select datediff(DAY, CustomerDateTicketas,StartRatedate) as diffdate, StartRatedate, CustomerDateTicket, FactKey 
    from
    [dbo].[Rates] a
    inner join [dbo].[Fact_Ticket] b
    on b.[CustomerCode] = a.Customercode

FilterOn821Key

The result must be here the first one because its the closest to the startRateDate.

Other Example:

FilterOn1370439657Key

The result must be here the second one because its the closest to the startratedate.

I hope this is better, the fact is 15mil rows big.

What I need is only the values that comes closest to the startratedate with customerdateticket.

• A CTE with ROW_NUMBER() would do it.

With testCTE as (
    Select row_number() over (partition by factkey order by StartRateDate DESC) RN, *
    from factview
    where StartRateDate=<CustomerDateTicket)
    Select * from testCTE wehre rn=1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• I like Matt's solution. Once you decide on ordering and know what item you want, row_number() gives you a value that you can use in the WHERE clause.

• Depends on what you mean by "closest".  If it doesn't matter if it's over or under, you could use

ABS(DATEDIFF(...))

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply