Gathering Complete SQL Server Machine Information

• Hi Experts

I am assigned few SQL Server 2000 and 2005 Production Servers. My task is to prepare a document in which I should include the complete configuration, settings, database sizes, scheduled jobs and everything that relates to the servers.

Where could I get this information the best way?

I am aware of few system stored procedures from which we can pull this information. Please let me know the most useful and relevant system stored procedures for the above scenario.

Also suggest me how to handle the situation for SQL Server 2000 as well.

Thanks

Sunny

• These should get you started and on the right track.

Ever thought about building a report?

Use master

Select @@VERSION

exec sp_helpDB

exec sp_helpuser

exec xp_fixeddrives

Use msdb

exec sp_help_jobhistory

exec sp_monitor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Thanks for your response.

Could you please elaborate on creating reports.

• Sy-1148362 (2/16/2010)

Thanks for your response.

Could you please elaborate on creating reports.

Create a SQL rdl report, where you can specify a more clean version of these sp's to return data in a report form.

Use SQL BI Studio, create a new project: Report Project, and start building your report files, by using

stored procedures to return data.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• go thru attached rtf to create rdl for preparing reports, u will get some idea

Sanket Ahir
    Don't run behind the success, Try to be eligible & success will run behind u......

• Or if u want to do manual work,then foll. script will collect all the data from ur sql server.

Sanket Ahir
    Don't run behind the success, Try to be eligible & success will run behind u......

• Thanks a lot friend.

• this script was just posted last week. Some very good detailed info...

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/SQL+Server+7%2c+2000/61297/

Tim White

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply