Fun with qualifiers

• I just want to go on record as saying I'm against it!

Don Simpson

I'm not sure about Heisenberg.

• At a SQL Saturday, I think it was Denver (might have been El Paso), I was introduced to the term RGE: Resume Generating Event. Yeah, I would be very unhappy if someone tried this code on me.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Mmm, that was nasty. I oh so want to see someone try to create anything remotely like that on my watch.

• Thanks for sharing nice question 🙂

Thanks Hugo for sharing all history.

--rhythmk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    To post your question use below link

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/forum-etiquette-how-to-post-datacode-on-a-forum-to-get-the-best-help
    🙂

• Nice question. Shows what a horrible mess things are with name delimiters.

I agree with Hugo that having such a table in a production system would be a pretty serious offence, except possibly as part of an obfuscation excercise.

Tom

• Thanks for this nice question which I answered in the good way only because I knew the history of the imbrication between Access and SQL Server.

Thanks also for the valuable information provided by every one ( it is always to read Hugo's one , always long but interesting and informative ).

I have worked with Oracle ( 6 version long time ago 2003 maybe ) but I did not like the SQL used by it. This QOT remembered me the difficulties I had to modify queries in the application I had to update.

Have a nice week-end for all.

• Nice question, thanks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• happycat59 (12/1/2015)

Mmm, that was nasty. I oh so want to see someone try to create anything remotely like that on my watch.

Oh, yes, I want that! Where can I get a watch that runs SQL Server?!

🙂

• david.irvine 7489 (12/18/2015)

happycat59 (12/1/2015)

Mmm, that was nasty. I oh so want to see someone try to create anything remotely like that on my watch.

Oh, yes, I want that! Where can I get a watch that runs SQL Server?!

🙂

I think the watch is just running Core Edition, so you'd need a second watch to run SSMS to link to the first.

I think Pebble is working on it for their next OS update. They just released a new OS a couple of days ago adding health functions, so it might be a while before they get it working right. 😀

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Must be something wrong with my version of sql.

Tested it out since I got the answer wrong, and query returned results without error.

My default quoted identifier is on, so maybe that is why it just ran.

Catch-all queries done right [/url]
    Gail Shaw's Performance Blog[/url]

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply