Full Text Indexing

• I have a table with a full text index which had never been propagated. I ran a full population with no problems, but I want to set change_tracking from off to auto. I am not worried about any performance issues since this is a very small table with few changes. When I set it to auto, will it automatically start propagation or do I have to run another full population after changing the setting? How long should it take to auto populate after changes are made? Any information you have would be helpful.

• [font="Verdana"]I personally, haven't used full text indexing much apart from when I had to rebuild it for a migration from 2k to 2k5. Where in the only thing you need to do is drop and recreate the fulltext and propagate it once and you are set.

I looked around about your query...here is what I could dig out from msdn

Change tracking: Maintains a list of all changes to the indexed data. Changes made with WRITETEXT and UPDATETEXT are not detected. You can update the full-text index with these changes immediately, on a schedule, or as they occur, using the background update index option.

Here is the link where, I got this info:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa214782(SQL.80).aspx

Regards,[/font]

-Hope is a heuristic search :smooooth: ~Hemanth
  • I tested it and it will start automatically populating without further need to perform another full population.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply