From the Real World: On Call Again

• I liked it.

"Keep Trying"

• If it was true ooooooooooooooooo good it was 1st April.

• Very Lame.

And it's not even 1st April now.

Throw away your pocket calculators; visit www.calcResult.com
  • mike brockington (4/2/2009)

Very Lame.

And it's not even 1st April now.

Yeah, but it was published on April 1st and in the April 1st newsletter.

• Nice one, TJ! I was cringing through most of it, glad it was just an April Fool's Day article! 🙂

• Jack Corbett (4/2/2009)

Yeah, but here in the UK, the April 1st newsletter doesn't arrive until the morning of the 2nd.

And it was still a lame story - didn't make me laugh, or cringe.

Throw away your pocket calculators; visit www.calcResult.com

Jack Corbett (4/2/2009)

Yeah, but here in the UK, the April 1st newsletter doesn't arrive until the morning of the 2nd.

Which, of course, begs the question of what does make you laugh or cringe?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Jack Corbett (4/2/2009)

I am in the UK too. yayyy!!! but I enjoyed the article even if it arrived on April 1st or 2nd.

Good Work TJ!! Well Done !!

You caught and I am glad that it was just a joke it was actually scary to even think like that 😛

• I was on the edge of my seat. Good thing it was fake

Jeff

• So here I was reading this story, thinking to myself, "Yeah, it sounds bad, but TJay's not normally a whiner so he must be at the end of his rope". Quite a believable story, though - although unlikely, it's not difficult to imagine a perfect storm situation where one inherits a system in chaos without valid backups or contingency plans.

Thanks for the tension breaker. It reminded me that things aren't so bad here. 😎

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Tim Mitchell (4/2/2009)

Thanks for the tension breaker. It reminded me that things aren't so bad here. 😎

If you want that reminder in spades, read The Devil Wears Prada. The movie, quite frankly, is not much like the book (surprise) and all too flattering to the boss, Miranda Priestly. Yeah, and if you've seen the movie and not read the book and are thinking, "Whaaat?" because Priestly's character was insane as a boss, I'm serious. That book gave me a whole new level of respect for my boss.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply