Free eBook today: SQL Server 2012 with PowerShell V3 Cookbook

• https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Reported as spam.

And a friendly reminder to anyone to be carefull when following links. This one might be legit, or it might be a virus. No way to tell, so I'm not going to try.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• This is a legit link. I am just posting it here for anyone who wants/needs/would get value from the ebook for free. I get nothing from this and if you look at my profile you can see that I am a long standing and active member.

Just to prove that this is not automated check the discussion on today's editorial and you will see that I am the first poster (after Steve, of course ;-)).

Gaz

• Hugo Kornelis (3/2/2016)

Reported as spam.

And a friendly reminder to anyone to be carefull when following links. This one might be legit, or it might be a virus. No way to tell, so I'm not going to try.

...and yet you have a URL in your signature :w00t: (http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis)

Gaz

• Thank you for posting that Gary. Just started exploring the wonderful world of Powershell and this book will be invaluable 😀

• You are most welcome Kit 😎

Gaz

• I'll leave this, but if you want to post links, I'd add some text to let people know why this is a good link.

• Thanks for posting, Gary.

I understand why Hugo couldn't be sure of the legitimacy of your post. Just add a few words when sharing this valuable links to give some certainty. 😉

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Steve, Luis,

Constructive criticism accepted. I was busy but that is not a good enough excuse. I thought that the title and URL were clear enough but as proven by the response from Hugo they were not.

I will not be a repeat offender. 😛

Gaz

• Gary Varga (3/2/2016)

Hugo Kornelis (3/2/2016)

Reported as spam.

...and yet you have a URL in your signature :w00t: (http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis)

BWAAAAA-HAAAA-HAAA!!!! (Heh... oops... sorry... did that come out loud? :-P).

Thanks for the laugh, Gary... I definitely needed a good gut buster after the last 3 days. 🙂

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Gary Varga (3/2/2016)

Steve, Luis,

Constructive criticism accepted. I was busy but that is not a good enough excuse. I thought that the title and URL were clear enough but as proven by the response from Hugo they were not.

I will not be a repeat offender. 😛

I understand folks' concerns but you're a trusted source for me. Besides, saying a few words should mean nothing to anyone. It could just as easily be a lie. I know, I know... who would lie about such a thing other than spammers and trolls and weirdos and sick puppies and those with an axe to grind and .... 😛

Since the SPAM filter doesn't actually work, especially for URL-only posts even though it's the first post, I'm thinking that people need to have a watchful eye and know the source anyway. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden (3/2/2016)

Gary Varga (3/2/2016)

Hugo Kornelis (3/2/2016)

Reported as spam.

BWAAAAA-HAAAA-HAAA!!!! (Heh... oops... sorry... did that come out loud? :-P).

Thanks for the laugh, Gary... I definitely needed a good gut buster after the last 3 days. 🙂

Glad it worked as intended...not sure that Hugo agrees though :Whistling:

Gaz

• Jeff Moden (3/2/2016)

...I understand folks' concerns but you're a trusted source for me...

Thanks Jeff.

Gaz

• Thank you, I downloaded and in free time will read... I wanted increase my knowledge about reporting ...:cool:

also good tip for website...

is needed only pdf and code files right ?

And SQL Server 2012 with PowerShell V3 Cookbook is not possible download already?

• Jeff, you are a comic you know that?

Hugo, thanks for looking out for us but let me just say that even though I have been scarce here at SSC I know that Gary is a reliable person.

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply