Fixing an SSRS Password Error while Changing Credentials

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Fixing an SSRS Password Error while Changing Credentials

• This is an interesting article. Thank you for sharing!
    What I'd like to know however is what causes this behavior. Seems like a bug, no? What version did you test this on? Were you able to reproduce this on another server/version, etc...?

• Yes, looks like bug else it should not prompting me for invalid password when i haven't key-in the password. I encounter this few times, Build was 10.0.2531

• BilalAyub - Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:22 AM

Yes, looks like bug else it should not prompting me for invalid password when i haven't key-in the password. I encounter this few times, Build was 10.0.2531

Sorry build was 10.0.6535

• This happens to me even when the credentials/authentication method aren't changed, i.e. I'm simply making a change to the connection string to point to a different server, etc.  I have dealt with this issue quite a bit and the following workaround works for me:

1) Make whatever changes are necessary, then select auth method "Windows Integrated Security" or "Credentials Not Required" and click Save.

2) After changes are saved successfully, go back and change auth method to "Credentials stored securely in the report server", enter credentials, and then click save.  It should be successful this time.

• I always thought that making changes to the SSRS databases was not recommended.

• Nestor Jarquin - Tuesday, May 16, 2017 9:36 AM

I always thought that making changes to the SSRS databases was not recommended.

It's not recommended and it's not supported. The only supported methods would be using Report Manager, the RS utility, Powershell or other apps that would access objects in the database through the SOAP API.

Sue

• only change Windows integral security
    click test connection
    on test passed
    change credential again with new user and password and clic again test conection
    on test passe
    click apply

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply