File System Task Variable

• I have a file system task that copys an excel spreadhseet and renames it to a different file name.  Sounds real simple.  In my task I have defined an expression for 'Destination' that creates a string with the path and name of the new file.

"\\" + "\\2-228-7\\amrshared\\dailyexport\\SNIEDailyProduction_"+(DT_WSTR,2)DATEPART("month",GETDATE()) + (DT_WSTR,4)DATEPART("day",GETDATE()) + (DT_WSTR,4)DATEPART("year",GETDATE())  + ".xls"

When I attempt to run this task I get the following error messages.  I am sure I am doing something simple wrong. 

Thanks in advance.

Error at Package: The connection "\\2-228-7\amrshared\dailyexport\SNIEDailyProduction_4202006.xls" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Error at File System Task: Failed to lock variable "\\2-228-7\amrshared\dailyexport\SNIEDailyProduction_4202006.xls" for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

Error at File System Task [File System Task]: An error occurred with the following error message: "Failed to lock variable "\\2-228-7\amrshared\dailyexport\SNIEDailyProduction_4202006.xls" for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

".

• Please disregard.  Problem solved. 

To resolve this problem I changed the variable Read Only setting to 'true'

Cheers

• Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what you did.

• Hi,

How did you solve this problem

actually i have also the same problem

can anyone please tell me how to create a File System Task VAriable i want to rename a file, and where to assign the path in Expression Builder.

iam getting the Error " Falied to lock the Variable" ..

Please Advice.

• Were you able to figure out what the problem is. I'm receiving the same error and my variable is a read only in the script task.

Error: 0xC0014054 at Script Task: Failed to lock variable "@User::FileName" for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

Error: 0x5 at Script Task: The script files failed to load.

Thanks!

Wendy Schuman

• I have gotten it to work on my side, I was using an FTP Task to delete files on the FTP Server,

my IsRemotePathVariable was set to true, I have now set it to false, and its working,

my FTP Connection Manager, FileNames and Remote Directory is dynamic using variables, so the values keeps on changing during run time

• Hi

I had the same problem.

I am downloading the files the remote ftp server

The file path for today ex:/m/09112009/a.txt

Likewise i need to download daily. I have configured an variable following way

@[User::Rpat]="/m/"+"0"+((DT_STR,2,1252) DATEPART("DD",GETDATE())) +

((DT_STR,2,1252) DATEPART("MM",GETDATE())) +

((DT_STR,4,1252) DATEPART("YY",GETDATE())) +

"/*.text"())

But i am getting error

"Failed to lock variable for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

Any help?

• I ran into a similar problem and it seems to have to with the fact that I was using expressions to set my destination and source variables (it's funny because it works fine for file copy, but not for move directory). In my expressions I am concatenating two variables together to create the full path, so instead I created a variable to hold the full path, then placed a script task before the move and concatenated the variables there. I deleted the expressions from the file system task and just referenced the full path variable name i.e. User::varFullFilePath. This seems to work for me.

• I had to add a script task also. I was trying to delete a folder made up of names of two variables that are populated earlier in the package. I tried using an expression in the file system task but got the error reported here. Added a script task to contactenate the two variable to a new variable. Used the new variable in the file system task and it all worked.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply