Fetch the last run time

• Hi,

I am pulling data from webservice and putting it into oracle table. Now my requirement is , I have to create a job which will run after each hour.

Now my problem is that, i don't want pull all data from webservice, i need to pull that data only which is added and updated after last execution.

Please suggest idea how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Abhas

• If you have no other option, grab all the data, dump it to a temporary table, then remove any data you don't want.

• The feature to look for is CDC (Change Data Capture). Introduced in SQL server 2012, it required an enterprise license, but in newer versions it is available in other (cheaper) licenses too.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522489(v=sql.105).aspx

Applied correctly, you will never miss a single change.

This is a SQL Server site, so forgive me for not noticing you were talking about putting the data in an oracle table... "Webservice" can be anything, so please be more specific on what system you're pulling the data from. Plus, adding details on what format your data has will likely give you more answers too.

Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden[/url]
    Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw[/url]
    Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden[/url]
    Cross Tabs and Pivots - Jeff Moden[/url]
    Catch-all queries - Gail Shaw[/url]

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

• R.P.Rozema (1/10/2017)

The feature to look for is CDC (Change Data Capture). Introduced in SQL server 2012, it required an enterprise license, but in newer versions it is available in other (cheaper) licenses too.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522489(v=sql.105).aspx

Applied correctly, you will never miss a single change.

This is a SQL Server site, so forgive me for not noticing you were talking about putting the data in an oracle table... "Webservice" can be anything, so please be more specific on what system you're pulling the data from. Plus, adding details on what format your data has will likely give you more answers too.

This is almost a 2 year old topic... I doubt you're going to get anything from to OP now, as they would have replied long ago if they were still having a problem. 😉

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply