British Bulldogs

Orange Engineers

SSC Steelers

NFLSoldiers

Ditka

Select *

SQL Bolts

GoBolts

I realize we're not going to make the draft time/date work for everyone, but let me know if there's a compelling reason to change it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • SQLDCH (7/12/2012)

I realize we're not going to make the draft time/date work for everyone, but let me know if there's a compelling reason to change it.

Don't think of changing it on my behalf, I enjoy the live draft (except when all my targetted players disappear ;-)) and I'll be there whatever the time.

Looking forward to it again, hopefully I can draft a team that can avoid the late season slump that has killed me the last two years. 😉

• Attempting to reactivate my Yahoo ID

#$%^#$#$# Yahoo

• OK I have a yahoo account.

I've found the football section...

Now what do I do?

Can someone give me a quick run down of what I need to do please? League name etc.

I thought I'd go for the dumb Brit, first time luckly approach and see how I do! ::w00t:

I have played both soccer and cricket ones here in the UK before so I have some idea on how things work in general with fanatasy leagues...

Cheers,

Rodders...

• Nice avatar 🙂

Up to Dan. If there's space, he has to add you to the list. PM him.

• rodjkidd (7/18/2012)

OK I have a yahoo account.

I thought I'd go for the dumb Brit, first time luckly approach and see how I do! ::w00t:

Cheers,

Rodders...

Rodders, we don't play the dumb Brits in this league, (unless you're from Peckham), I try and give these guys as good as I get 😛

• OK, yahoo password finally reset and account activated. I'm in

• SequelSurfer (7/18/2012)

rodjkidd (7/18/2012)

OK I have a yahoo account.

I thought I'd go for the dumb Brit, first time lucky approach and see how I do! ::w00t:

Cheers,

Rodders...

Rodders, we don't play the dumb Brits in this league, (unless you're from Peckham), I try and give these guys as good as I get 😛

Well, it was a bit tongue in cheek on my part. I've not really followed (American) Football for a while, so little or no idea what is going on. And I once worked for a American boss, who knew little or nothing about football (soccer) and went down a random / using formulas in a spreadsheet to work out his team and transfers. He did fairly well in the first year, beginners luck and all that. Thought I'd try for the same thing!

Rodders...

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/18/2012)

Nice avatar 🙂

Up to Dan. If there's space, he has to add you to the list. PM him.

Steve, ha ha, er yes. It's from last years SQL in the City.

Really should replace it with this years, had one taken with Annabel and Noemi, so, well, you can do the maths there!

Have PM'd Dan.

Will have to do some homework on it this weekend.

Rodders...

• Looks like I'm - thanks Dan.

Need to brush up on the hows, wheres and whys.

And come up with a name of course!

Rodders...

• Invites sent to bring the league to 12 again. We lost PowerPivotPro, @speedracer and BoomerSooner! =(

Looks like the British invasion is coming though, think two of the three I invited are from across the pond.

Looking forward to another fun year!

Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Hope I don't miss the draft again this year. With it being on 9/2/2012 at 5:00 PM MDT (which means 4:00 PM in AZ), it might just happen again. I'll be in Prescott visiting my daughter at ERAU.

Hey, I managed to win last year with the computer selected team, and I made the playoffs the year before the same way. Who knows, it may still work this year.

• Just got signed up. Pretty new to SQL and quite a bit of fantasy football experience, but still probably the same skill level at both. Looking to have some fun this year!

• SQLDCH (8/10/2012)

Looks like the British invasion is coming though, think two of the three I invited are from across the pond.

Was just thinking: how cool would it be if we divided our divisions according to our own geographic locations? Is that do-able?

How about a geographic roll call? Upstate New York here!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Colorado (Rocky Mountain area)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply