Failed to notify ''operator name'' via email?

• Got the same problem over here, google it, found this thread and... it resolved my problem !!

Thank you 😀

• I recently encountered a situation on a new server (SS2012) where I wanted an email notification if any SQL Agent job failed to execute to successful completion but could not get it to work. I never had the problem before. ????

To test it, I created a SQL Agent job with a T-SQL script that was bound to fail, executed it, and no email message was received.

To make a long research story short, placing this short T-SQL script at the beginning of all SQL Agent jobs' T-SQL scripts solves the problem:

"SET XACT_ABORT ON"

• It works 4 m... Thanks 😀

• This was the answer I needed. Thanks.

🙂

• hey, very helpful information!:-)

• TNX!! helped me a lot!

• Excellent Post, Thanks as well!!!

• Gerd Hoefler (4/21/2006)

Hi all,

some time ago i had the same problem.

I fixed this and make a docu to solve this.

But i have no idea how i can post this document here.

If everyone would have this, send me a mail: <A href="mailto:gerd.hoefler@gmx.at">gerd.hoefler@gmx.at</A>

Gerd

8 years and 2 days, several versions of SQL and this post still helps...:w00t:

• I sometimes see criticism of posting on old threads. I think the criticism is misplaced.

Good information is never antiquated.

• henrik staun poulsen (2/17/2006)

I just had the same problem.

Ihad to enable DatabaseMail on the SQL Server Agent -> properties -> Alert System (check the checkbox), and then restart SQL Server Agent.

It works now, thanks to a posting by "Johnny" in microsoft.public.sqlserver.serverwith the topic "How to setup Operator for sending alerts?"

HIH

Henrik Staun Poulsen

8 years later, this is still relevant.... thanks, that was causing my problem today 🙂 Two servers, one with this set right and one it got missed on and we couldn't figure out why some jobs notified upon failure and others didn't.

• Perfect! That's just the info I needed.

• Hi Gerd

I have sent an email to you asking yu to send me the document but got a bounced back email.

Can you please tell me your present email id?

Thanks.

• Just wanted to keep the "Thank You" chain going into year 2016!

I was having this exact same problem in SQL Server 2008 and enabling Alerts for SQL Server Agent and restarting the service worked for me.

Thanks a million!

• The answer is still going strong - than you.
    enable DatabaseMail on the SQL Server Agent -> properties -> Alert System (check the checkbox), 
    2016 - nice if the error message could have given more clues.
    Anyway - thank you

• henrik staun poulsen - Friday, February 17, 2006 3:47 AM

I just had the same problem.I had to enable DatabaseMail on the SQL Server Agent -> properties -> Alert System  (check the checkbox), and then restart SQL Server Agent.It works now, thanks to a posting by "Johnny" in microsoft.public.sqlserver.server with the topic "How to setup Operator for sending alerts?"HIHHenrik Staun Poulsen

Thank you henrik !! It worked for me as well !!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply