Failed to notify ''operator name'' via email?

• thanx henrik staun poulsen...

navnet lyder dansk =) ... såe,, endnu engang TAK

• That worked. Thanks!!

• sdfsdfsdfsdf

• I had the same issue. This solved it. Thank you.

• Thank you!! It works now!

• Amazing how a solution from 2006 is still very useful in 2010.

Thanks a lot, finally got Database Mail from a SQL Server Agent Job to work! 🙂

• I had the same problem where the Test email would work just fine, but the notification at the end of processing a job was failing. The setting was turned on for alerts for "Enable mail profile" but apparently SQL server wasn't seeing this as valid.

My solution was from within management studio:

1) SQL Server Agent (right Click) -> Properties -> Alert System -> Unselect "Enable Mail Profile"

2) restart the SQL Server Agent (right click -> restart)

3) SQL Server Agent (right Click) -> Properties -> Alert System -> Check "Enable Mail Profile" (yes, i know it was on before this process started)

4) Restart the SQL Server Agent again.

After this process, I was successfully able to send notifications to the Operators.

Eric B.

• It worked Great. Thanks for the post.

• Old thread, but +1.

• That was really helpful..this is an amazing forum..Thanks alot!!

• thanks!! 🙂

• Henrik, It helped me too! Thanks a Million!

• I'm glad it helped, even if this thread is getting a bit old 🙂

• I found one cause for issues for everything but sql agent job alert notifications working. The original DBMail setup stores the default profile in the registry when you setup DBMail for first time. Stupid idea of MS. Anyways, SQL agent reads it only when it starts up. So, if you have a bad profile name in there agent notifications won't work and you won't get any log information other than job failure message: "NOTE: Failed to notify 'OperatorName' via email."

Use this to read the entry:

EXEC master.dbo.xp_instance_regread N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', N'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\SQLServerAgent', N'DatabaseMailProfile'

Use this to update it:

select 'exec master.dbo.xp_instance_regwrite N''HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE'', N''SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\SQLServerAgent'', N''DatabaseMailProfile'', N''REG_SZ'', N''' + name + ''''

from msdb.dbo.sysmail_profile

where profile_id in (Select profile_id from msdb.dbo.sysmail_principalprofile Where is_default = 1 and principal_sid = 0)

SQL Agent restart is required.

I submitted a Connect item https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/596305/database-mail-configuration please vote it up.

HTH,

-Chuck

@SQLGuyChuck

• Thanks A lot.......Great help:-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply