Extended Stored procedures - SQL 2000

• Would you mind posting it here so the rest of us might benefit? Thanks...

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• http://www.sqlsecurity.com

• All,

Thanks for your marvelous help and valuable suggestions. I'll definitely keep that in mind and see how much we can

implement that.

Regards,

Ambrosius Bekti

• Start looking for another job, immediately.

In the meantime just apply deny access - change the sa password to one only you know - lock the password in a safe or something and make sure someone with some brains and integrity is aware of this.

Following this BM's orders will end in YOUR hands being cut off.

The systems fine with no users loggged in. Can we keep it that way ?br>

• Hmm... I wonder if taking an axe to your system databases would pretty much end any chance of support from PSS, etc. when everything comes tumbling down.

Possible consequences of removing system objects that come to mind would be that service packs, patches, etc. might not work on your hacked up system - that would be interesting, the next big worm that effects SQL server comes through and you can't do anything about it...

Yuck.

Joe

• Does your BM know that by removing xp_cmdshell it will also be putting you out of support with Microsoft? If your BM does not care, your Security or Audit people may well do.

As others have said, if you do end up removing xp_cmdshell make sure there is a paper trail showing you are only doing this on request of the BM and you do not approve of the action.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• mike (1/27/2008)

www.sqlsecurity.com

Thanks, Mike.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply