Exporting to PDF produces extra pages

• First time user of RS.  So far so good, with one annoying problem.  I have a standardized mass mailing letter report (with fields for name, address, body text etc.) all inside a list control.  The report width and height is LESS than 8.5 X 11, but when I export to pdf for printing there is one extra page for each page in the report.  To debug I put a color border on the list...sure enough the list border runs the entire length of the report, even on the extra pages.  That is to say the first page of the report shows the top border of the list and the last page of the report shows the bottom of the list.  All of the extra pages in pdf format show the side borders of the list with no data and no top and bottom borders.  I've played with the list properties with no success so far.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• a common problem is the page layout settings, if they do not match you get extra pages.

make sure that you are spcifying page size when you ask rs to render the pdf.

then make sure you slelct the right layout options in acrobat.

i understand that recent versions of acrobat have an option that helps that older ones do not have so make sure you are usiing 6.xx acrobat.

I cant recall the extact thing but look at the page setup, orientation and scaling and other settings....

also if I recall ther is an issue with how you calulate page size and page margins

you may be making the layout to large even though you think not...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply