Export all reports from SSRS 2012 to import into SSRS 2019

• I've got the task of migrating our SSRS reports from a server in a data centre to Amazon AWS.

How do you export all the rdl files and import them into a new server?

There are hundreds of reports so I don't want to do them all individually.

• I don't know, but the first place I would look is at Rob Sewell & Chrissy LeMaire's dbaTools (using PowerShell). I'd be surprised if it weren't built in.

• I assume, therefore, that none of your reports aren't already in an SSRS project? If so, how are the existing reports maintained? What happens when someone asks for a change to the report? I would hope someone must have the reports in their respective project(s).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A wrote:

I assume, therefore, that none of your reports aren't already in an SSRS project? If so, how are the existing reports maintained? What happens when someone asks for a change to the report? I would hope someone must have the reports in their respective project(s).

The users of the system write their own reports then upload them to SSRS.

• You could use the ReportingServicesTools Module for Powershell (note it doesn't work in Powershell 6). I don't know what the layout of your Folders are, but getting the entirety of a Folder from the host is quite simple once installed and imported:

Out-RsFolderContent -RsFolder "/FolderName" -ReportServerUri "http://SqlServer/ReportServer" -Destination .

This would download all the files in the folder FolderName in the SSRS instance on the host SqlServer to the current path. You could then use Write-RsFolderContent to write the content to your other host.

(I haven't tested this, as I'm not in a position to test at the moment.)

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply