EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION...?

• Hello,

not sure what happened, the users can not access the Application and developers can not Edit the procedures from QA , having this :

App page error log

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 57 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.

Tag Context:

1 CFSTOREDPROC(29,0) D:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\Dev\Track\MainMenu\MainMenu.cfm

2 CFINCLUDE(204,0) D:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\Dev\Track\Logon\Index.cfm

3 CF_INDEX(171,0) D:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\Dev\Track\Logon\Index.cfm

QA error message

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Have no idea why and what to do, thinking about the ODBC connection, but maybe not. I am as 'sa' can log and do everything, just users are in trouble, well.. and me also

THANKS!

• Do have SQL logshipping configured?

You might get this error while the primary server is trying to apply transaction log to the secondary server.

Also try to execute SQLDIAG utility to find out the cause.

Thanks

Sachin

• I dunno ... errors from Macromedia and IIS ??? It sounds like something is amiss ...

Why don't the developers try reinstalling QA and a reboot.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• we found - the GUEST account was deleted from one of the system tables (I think tempdb) - we put it back = everything works now!

• It sounds as though you have non-DBAs using either the sa account or they have sysadmin server role. If either is true then the 'gremlins' may strike at you again ...

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• Based on what you posted you are developing Web apps using Cold Fusion using JDBC Driver instead of ODBC or OLE DB. Can you provide complete error message or minidump for this Exception Access Violation. the error message you describe above is incomplete. look into SQL error log file if there is any erorr reported in it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply