error: non-existing report parameter

  • kcha2004

    Right there with Babe

    Points: 773

    Hello Everyone,

    I get this error: "The value expression for the query parameter '@eDate' refers to a non-existing report parameter 'eDate'. Letters in the name of the parameters must use the correct case."

    I use lower case in all of my queries. The parameter my queries reference is @edate. To find @eDate, I copied every query to text doc and looked for the word eDate and didn't fine any. Why does it still reference eDate? What am I missing?

    Thank you very much for any input.

  • pietlinden

    SSC Guru

    Points: 62848

  • Spiff

    SSCertifiable

    Points: 7762

    I've run into a similar issue before. Did you rename that parameter in SSRS at any point? I've found SSRS doesn't always update the new name everywhere.

    Right click the dataset ang open properties then go to Parameters. You'll see parameter name and value. While it may look correct, click on the expression button next to the parameter value and look at the expression within. If it's in the incorrect case e.g. =Parameters!eDate.Value you need to correct it here.

  • kcha2004

    Right there with Babe

    Points: 773

    Thank you everyone for your help! I found the error in one of the expressions. Thank you!:-)

  • Jack 95169

    SSC-Addicted

    Points: 410

    Thanks Spiff - I had indeed renamed the field, and SSRS hadn't picked it up

  • jonathan.crawford

    SSCertifiable

    Points: 6577

    old thread, but I'll add my two cents. I have also corrected by opening the xml and fixing it in Notepad++ or similar, works fine that way too.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply