Error in add listener

• Hello everyone
    I show a problem for the creation of listen under my avaiblity GroupI made this query sql server
    ALTER AVAILABILITY GROUP [AVGCLU02]
    ADD LISTENER N'Listener_AVGCLU02' (
    WITH IP
    ((N'10.x.x.x', N'255.255.255.0'),
    (N'10.x.x.x', N'255.255.255.0')
    )
    , PORT=1433);
    GO

I had this error
    Msg 41009, Level 16, State 7, Line 1
    The Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) resource control API returned error code 5057. The WSFC service may not be running or may not be accessible in its current state, or the specified arguments are invalid. For information about this error code, see "System Error Codes" in the Windows Development documentation.
    Msg 19476, Level 16, State 3, Line 1
    The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC cluster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator.
    Msg 19476, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC cluster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator.

the account used is a sysadmin accounthe has all the right necessary domain

• Can you restart the cluster service (not the servers! The service) and see if that helps?

• after restart the cluster service i have same erroor

• Is the listener being created on a multi subnet Windows Failover cluster.  If so the two IPs need to be on different subnets. If it isn't being created on a multi subnet Windows Failover cluster then only one IP should be specified.  In addition the length of the listener name cannot exceed 15 characters.

Also with checking to see if the port, DNS name, IP addresses are in use.

• The error appears because you try to use an IP address for the listener which is already in use. This may help you out:
    https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2018/03/24/ql-server-unable-to-create-listener-msg-41009-the-windows-server-failover-clustering-wsfc-resource-control-api-returned-error-code-5057/

• Please check weather Listener entry exists in DNS or service account have permission to create it in AD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply