error 7399

• Hi all,

I have a problem with my 2 linked servers:

- server A and B are linked by user U

- U is dbo in A and a member of System administration server role in B

Here is my problem:

- I have a job that runs from A to B every nite.Last night it failed with err:

Executed as user: sa. OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' reported an error. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7399) [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7312) OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ]. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7300). The step failed.

- after Microsoft the problem occurs because the login account does not have full access to the temporary table folder of the SQL server startup account.And of course it gives a work around.

- my question is why I did not have this error before ? My jobs where OK for the last 3 years!

If you have any idea, could you help 🙂

thanks

lmt

• Which SQL Server version and service pack are you running? Has any changes made recently such as service pack and MDAC? Can you identify which SQL statements are generating this error in your job?

• I had issues connecting to remote server with openrowset function while using trusted connection. It did start happening after installing SP3, i.e. MDAC 2.7 SP1. I didn't check from a machine with 2.5 SP3 but with 2.7 SP1 it was an issue. hope this helps.

• I am running SQL 2000 SP3

MDAC 2.7 SP1 on both servers

yes, I know which query produced the error.Last nite it runned just fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply