Error 3449

• Hi Guys,

One day I noticed that my SQL Server and SQL Agent was automatically shut down. Doing a quick investigation, I believed that there was no user hand on it for that sin and checking the event viewer I got this error during that period of time when the sql was down.

Description:

"

SQL Server mush shut down in order to recover a database(database ID 2). The database is either a user database that could not be shut down or a system database. Restart SQL Server. If the database fails to recover after another startup, repair or restore the database

"

I saw a kinda error which was a bug in SQL Server Bug #518 but with the hotfix provided it seems it was already fixed but was only for 32 bit version and did not find any for 64 bit version.

The current version of My SQL Server is: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4285.00 (X64) Feb 8 2010 23:31:46 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2) "

Any ideas would be appreciated.

• Dbid 2 is tempdb. You should run DBCC CHECKDB on each of the databases and also run hardware diagnostics with special attention on your disks.

Tara Kizer
    Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
    Ramblings of a DBA (My SQL Server Blog)[/url]
    Subscribe to my blog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply